Changes affecting individuals.
- A temporary (3 year) 2% Budget deficit levy (tax), known as the Temporary Budget Repair Levy, for incomes above $180,000.
- Medicare levy surcharge and private health insurance offset thresholds to be frozen.
- Medicare levy will increase from 1.4% to 2 % from July 2014
- Most dependant offsets to be abolished for example dependent spouse offset and the mature worker offset
- The First Home saver account scheme will be abolished
- Unemployed people under 25 will get the lower paid Youth Allowance rather than the News tart Allowances
- Trade support loans will be available to wanting to do a 4 year apprenticeship.